Monday 21 September 2009

Tentative steps

After much moaning to my doc about how I couldn't possibly miss 3 weeks of my half-marathon training he agreed to give me some different tablets for a couple of weeks that would get into my system quicker and subsequently allow me to start running again quicker - hurrah!

I started the tablets last Saturday and so eight days later on Sunday I felt ready to take my first tentative steps around the pavements of Orpington. My energy levels didn't feel too bad but my muscles were still not great and started complaining after 5-10 minutes. In the end I only managed a rather disappointing 1.5 miles at a very slow pace.

Better than nothing I suppose but it did leave me wondering how I am going to build up to 10k for the Chislehurst Chase this coming Sunday - planning some more short runs this week so hopefully my muscles will start to loosen up.

No comments:

Post a Comment