Friday 4 September 2009

Is this the end of summer?

It hasn't really been a good week for training this week...

It started off ok on Tuesday when I went out with the running club, but even that was twinged with sadness as it was my last run with the club before Brownies term starts again next week and even sadder the daylight is fading so rapidly these days that we only managed a brief skirmish along the Shire Lane Bridleway and up across the field to Farnborough Church before we were resigned to the roads. It wasn't all bad though as we ended up doing about 6.5 miles in around 67 minutes (exact figures not known as my GPS device went mad after the first mile and the only way to get it to stop buzzing at me was to turn it off completely!) and I had a good chat with an old neighbour on the way round.

I then planned to run on Wednesday after work but wimped out due to the rain, so decided to run the following morning but in the end was too tired to get out of bed when the alarm went off. So as a very poor compromise I went and pounded the treadmill last night for 20 mimutes or so before going to Bodybalance. Not perfect but better than nothing I guess....

May go out for a quick jog this evening but will see how tired I feel as don't want to over-do it before helping out at a Brownie event all afternoon tomorrow and then we've got the Dry Hill 10 race on Sunday, although if the current autumnal weather continues it may be more like the Mud Hill 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment