Friday 14 August 2009

Countdown to the Clash

Well I have been very virtuous since my last post and have done some sport every day, ok so I only ran on three days, but I do think there is value in cross-training plus I needed to get a swim in in preparation for the Clash of the Tritons aquathlon that we are doing tomorrow.

Anyway, back to the running - had two lovely 4-mile runs with Mr W on Sunday and Monday evenings. The routes were similar through the fields and along the bridleways local to our house, although on Sunday we took the car up to High Elms and did a bit in the woods as well. We also ran through the fields and the woods when we went out with the running club on Tuesday night, although we went a bit further (~6 miles). Felt a bit sad though as we were coming back on Tuesday as the light was starting to fade around 9pm meaning that our days of evening runs in the countryside are rapidly running out for this year. Such a shame as you can't really beat running across the middle of freshly cut field in the evening sun....

I haven't run since Tuesday but I did swim 24 lengths at the pool on Wednesday evening and went to Bodybalance last night. Part of me fancies a run tonight but my sensible side is saying 'don't do it' as we'll be up early tomorrow for the 'Clash'. This is a local aquathlon featuring a 500m pool swim followed by a 5k run. I'm really looking forward to it! We first did it in 2007, then I had to miss last year's event because I was ill , so this is my first opportunity to try and improve my previous time of 43 minutes. I'm hoping it will be possible as I think my swimming has improved over the last two years, even if my running hasn't, but at least since I can't wear my Garmin in the pool I'm not going to find out until the end and so that's one less stress to worry about during the race! I'll let you know how I get on! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment